Listen to the audio: (length 00:58:18)
or download here (right-click, save as)
Proving Social Media ROI: What is Engagement Worth?
How can you conclusively demonstrate the return on your social media investment? Research performed for The Social Customer Engagement Index 2012 revealed that two of the biggest obstacles in engaging with customers on social networks were management buy-in (31%) and determining ROI (28%) - and of course, management is more likely to buy in if the payoff is clear.
But the path to social media ROI is highly variable, depending on your business, your market, your customers and your company culture. And being able to quantify any investment through ROI is also key in justifying your social media budget ‘ask’.
Listen to the debate on defining, and implementing measurable ROI to every kind of business. Our experts discuss:
- Building engagement with customers, establishing tie-ins to purchasing and reducing costs of customer service.
- Is calculating ROI for social media even possible? If not, what’s a suitable substitute?
- Which ROI-oriented answers do practitioners need to prepare to support their arguments?
- Which analytics will help a business determine true ROI given its particular market?
- Key case studies showing how successful groups approached ROI when faced with these questions
About the Panel:
Maggie Fox is the founder and CEO of Social Media Group, established in 2006 and one of the world’s most highly respected independent agencies helping business navigate the socially engaged Web. She was also named one of the Top 100 Marketers in the 100th anniversary edition of Marketing Magazine and sits on the Board of the Empire Club of Canada.
Other Posts by Kelsey Arnold
Social Media Today