Social Media Trends and Predictions of 2014
Social Media Trends & Predictions of 2014
#1: Social Media is not an Option
- Businesses must integrate social media into their marketing plan. It will be expected and will hinder sales if they don’t.
#2: Mobile Growth
- Need a Website that works on both desktop and mobile
- Forbes predicts that by 2017 Mobile Sales will grow by 87%
#3: Google+ needs to be integrated into your Social Media Efforts
- It’s Google…of course!
- Google+ Local is merged with Google Places
- Google Authorship is merged with the Google+ Page
- Google+ Hangouts are merged with Youtube
#4: Images will be used more and more across the internet
- Pinterest and Instagram will continue to grow
- Images will continue to be the top content to grab people’s attention on all social networks
- SEO Benefits of Youtube (Google owns Youtube)
- Google+ Hangouts will grow in use due to the simplification of creating videos with it
- Vine and Instagram videos simplify video creation
#6: Podcasts will continue to grow
- Easy to listen to them
- Easy to multi-task while listening to podcasts
For more information on how to use images, videos and podcasts in your social media download the free social media content creation guide.
Take a good look at these 6 predictions and make sure you incorporate all or most of these in your 2014 marketing plan.
Social Media Today