Purposeful Pinning - 10 ways to make it brilliant.
So we all are on Pinterest and wondering what to do with all the awesome images we clicked over the company dinner last weekend as well as the charity auction you held in the April for the NGO you are a patron of.
You happen to be on Flickr, Picasa and all the other multiple image sharing websites but rarely see any ROI other than your friends liking it and commenting about it and that’s where the story ends.
However there is a much better way to make use of the world’s hottest image sharing websites. Given below are top ten steps you may use to get audiences to generate results for you on Pinterest.
- Post images from your blogs websites and other micro sites that lead bag to the page when a user clicks on it. It generates direct traffic to an otherwise dead website that few people come to. Moreover you paid a lot for those images. Let them pay you back too.
- Categorize your images according to products, services, people or even events and festivals that you clicked them on. Content works best when indexed and labeled under appropriate tags.
- Ensure the image to visual content is maintained. A text heavy pin will ensure other images around it appear much more lower and the lay out looks awry. Ensure the visual to word ratio is around 80:20 or 70:30.
- The pins that are loaded directly to a board will not be clickable. You may want to keep a link to a particular page o your website incase people wish to know more. Do add the entire link ensure you can track clicks by using short links from Google and Bit.ly.
- Need to showcase UGC that your customers have created? Create a board exclusively for the same. Keep it open if you wish more people could add images to it as well. UGC is nothing but Goodwill. It greatly helps to search for mentions and re-pin images thereafter. People would know you care and are listening.
- When customers share images from Flickr links and email attachments add the same to the board giving credit to the person who shares. Pinterest as a platform grows due to the re-pinning (sharing) nature of its content.
- Pinterest is also open to various other media such as audio clips, slides as well as video. Ensure you keep them listed under thematic content and not the nature of media. This nature of media can be shared as well on Pinterest and goes well with the layout too. Again, keep in mind the word to visual ratio. Some platforms allow you to select the first image of a frame. Ensure you pick an attractive one.
- So you sent an E-mailer or an outdoor hoarding display that is to be broadcasted to your audience soon. Try testing it out with your followers on Pinterest. Feedback is generous and honest depending on the number of your followers.
- Have an exclusive promotion or a highlight to showcase? Create a board. It helps in showcasing achievements separately.
- Be positive and share images that are all about happiness & refreshing nature. No one likes images and audio with bad and dimal images.
These are just some of the basic mechanisms one can use to bring greater traffic to your blog/website, feedback from viewers as well as quality sharing.
Social Media Today