How Pinterest Can Inspire You to Write More Blog Posts
If you write posts for your own blog or are a guest blogger, then you most likely have experienced times when inspiration is lost and the topics for writing have dwindled. When moments such as these occur, you tend to feel like there is nothing to write about or appealing enough to share with your online audience. This is where the photo-sharing site, Pinterest, can help in rekindling the spark for writing that is at times absent.
Pinterest is mostly used for sharing fun, interesting and collectible images, either found on the web or of ones taken by its users and is what the site was intended for, but Pinterest can be useful in other ways too. Instead of looking at Pinterest as a site to find photos; see it as a place to discover stories. Every image you see on Pinterest has the potential of becoming a great article; it just depends on what type of content you want to produce.
Bloggers are always looking to keep their blog up-to-date with recent posts and are constantly in search of topics for writing. Pinterest provides a multitude of interesting images and has many categories to choose from, which makes it even easier to narrow down a subject you would want to cover. No matter if your blog is about food, photography, technology, or has a geeky flair, Pinterest has several categories to choose from and there is something to be discovered within each of them.
All of the categories listed on Pinterest are filled with photos that are connected to their original source or websites, which usually provides additional information about the item(s) showing in the photos that can help with your writing and can also give you the “source” of the image if you choose to use them within your blog posts.
Here are 5 steps on how to get inspired to write a blog post using Pinterest.
1. First choose a category, like “Food” on Pinterest or one that is relevant to your blog. In this example I am going to base it on a blog that writes about the Food Industry.
2. Find 5 images with recipes that would be great to make during the holidays (Tip: To make it even easier look for images that have “recipe” written in the description box below the image).
3. Click on each of the 5 food images you have chosen on Pinterest to make sure it takes you to a website that has the full details of the recipe so you can use those sites as the “source” of the images and recipe content within your blog post. For instance, when I clicked on the image above on Pinterest it took me to the website: CupCakes and CrabLegs.
4. Create a title, like “5 Festive Recipes for The Holiday Season”.
5. Now you have all the inspiration you need to begin writing your blog post.
It’s simple, chose a category, pick a photo that best suits your style, and unleash the inspiration for writing hidden within the images on Pinterest.
[Top Photo via: Stellar Media Marketing]
+Amanda Ryan is a Viral Traffic Specialist and Content Creator for a Social Media Marketing Firm. Her interests include, researching and writing about share worthy news; and in providing relevant content surrounding what's happening in the world of Social Media. Her main objective is to find what connects us; one share at a time. Connect further on: Amanda Ryan's social networks
Other Posts by Amanda Ryan
Social Media Today