5 Approaches to Social Media and Social Marketing
When doing workshops on how social media works and why social media works, businesses often ask about how they will cope with creating content. I have two main answers
- If you don't have much to talk about ....re you really passionate about what you do?
- Social media management can be applied in 5 different ways.
Social media is about making the content valuable to another human being! It is about producing informative, educational or entertaining content. Content that is valuable to the reader, content that becomes even more valuable through conversation.
- Social Media Site - your own content - hosted on your site and shared on other 3rd party sites such as Slideshare, You Tube, Facebook...etc or hosted on the 3rd party sites and linked to from your website.
- Social Media Hub - Instead of creating your own content why not be the place the best content for your industry, your region, your consumer segments.
- Piggyback - Why not find the top ranked bloggers, the top 10 best blogs for your industry, the top 5 podcasters for your chosen area and provide them with content?
- Using social media as a pure customer service channel
- Mix of the above!
The approach needs to work with your business model. How you deliver the content is not as important as making sure the content is valuable to your customers!
Other Posts by Anna Farmery
Social Media Today