50 Mobile Marketing Facts That Will Blow You Away [SLIDESHARE]
Do you have a mobile website or app?
Not sure if you should invest in developing a mobile site or app?
Don’t think you need a mobile marketing strategy?
MOBILE! It is what everyone is talking about, and for a good reason. Smartphones and tablets have changed the way that business can, and should be, connecting with consumers.
Check out these 50 facts on mobile marketing in the presentation below by HubSpot, and see if you still think you have time to wait to develop your mobile marketing strategy. Here are the 10 facts I found most surprising:
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to an action, and over 50% lead to a purchase
- 70% of mobile online searches lead to an action within an hour, while 70% of desktop online searches lead to an action within a month
- Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than traditional online ads
- 40% of tablet owners said they have looked up information on a show on their tablet while they were watching that same show
- 74% of smartphones users use their phones for shopping, and of that 79% make a purchase as a result of using their phones
- Mobile coupons have a redemption rate 10 times higher than that of print coupons
- 50% of smartphones users have bought a product on their phone
- 73% of smartphones users reported having used the mobile web to shop, instead of an app
- 60% of web users say they expect a mobile site to load on their phone in 3 seconds or less
- 95% smartphone users looked up local information, of that 61% called and 59% visited the business
Tick, tick, tick…..don’t waste anymore time putting off your mobile marketing strategy!
Brianna Smith is the Marketing Coordinator at Fpweb.net, a leading managed SharePoint hosting provider. As the Marketing Coordinator, she manages and contributes to Fpweb.net's inbound marketing efforts, including social media strategy, SEO, email marketing, and event promotion. Prior to her position at Fpweb.net, she was a brand strategist at Mudbug Media, an interactive media agency in New ...
Other Posts by Brianna Smith
Social Media Today