Want to be a marketer? Well, make sure you know what it truly means. To become a successful marketer it is no longer about developing a catchy ad campaign that you will shout from the roof tops. Marketing has evolved into a combination of artistry and science. The modern marketer must have a strategic and analytical mind dedicated to measurable metrics but that is always craving a creative outlet.
Take a look at what you need to be a successful modern marketer in the infographic below. A marketer must:
- Be a creative writer
- Have an eye for great visual content
- Understand the power of social media for engaging with consumers
- Live by the rules and best practices of email marketing
- Be Dedicated to tracking and measuring all marketing efforts
- Enjoy using analytics tools to understand data and visualize trends
- Be a budgeting maven
- Never stop looking for new tools and resources to understand consumers
But, even though being a modern marketer means not thinking like the advertising minds of the Mad Men characters, it does not mean you can’t dress like them!
Brianna Smith is the Marketing Coordinator at Fpweb.net, a leading managed SharePoint hosting provider. As the Marketing Coordinator, she manages and contributes to Fpweb.net's inbound marketing efforts, including social media strategy, SEO, email marketing, and event promotion. Prior to her position at Fpweb.net, she was a brand strategist at Mudbug Media, an interactive media agency in New ...
Other Posts by Brianna Smith
Social Media Today