How to Promote Your YouTube Videos for Free
YouTube videos can be an important part of your social media marketing plans. However, creating high-quality, informative, entertaining videos isn’t enough. You’ll need reliable ways of getting the word out and securing the right kind of attention for your videos. Here are several free ways to promote your YouTube videos:
- Use Your Blog: Your blog gets a study flow of customers, prospects, and curious visitors. Make it your first stop for promoting your YouTube videos. When you create a new video, be sure to promote the video on your blog by describing it, detailing the whats, whos, whens, and whys, and telling your audience members why they’ll definitely want to check it out. Then, make it easy for them to view your masterpiece. Embed it in its own post.
- Share With Your List: Don’t expect the people on your email list to come to you for interesting, valuable content. You go ahead and take the content to them. Craft a relevant, helpful message and email it to your list along with a link to your video. If you have an email newsletter, be sure to include it there as well.
- Create a Custom Channel: This can be the difference between having what looks like just a bunch of videos and having a series of credible, interesting, valuable videos people want to see and share. A custom channel lends your video collection credibility, makes it look more professional, and helps you to create a more cohesive message.
- Apply Your Social Media Know-How: Share your videos via your social media accounts. For example, tweet about your video and include links, create a status update with a message about your latest YouTube video and embed the video, and pin your video to your pinboards. Take a look at each social media account and figure out where and how to share. Don’t forget to share your link on social bookmarking sites as well, adhering to the posting rules of those sites, of course.
- Spread the News: When you create a newsworthy, or particularly helpful new video, look to news outlets that can help you spread the word about them. Write a press release and include the link to your video. Also, contact relevant news outlets about your video by phone or via email.
Of course , you can also pay to advertise your videos. If you have the budget to do so, consider the Google Adwords for Video opportunity. It’s a pay-per-click program for promoting videos on YouTube. With this program, you pay when someone views your ad rather than when you place it.
Christina Strickland has been working in the social media & digital marketing industry for over 8 years. As the Director of Client Services at Crackerjack Marketing she is responsible for managing content marketing and specialized campaigns for clients. In addition, she has conducted specialized trainings for B2C and B2B businesses.
Christina is a faculty member and blogs about social ...
Other Posts by Christina Strickland
Social Media Today