Striking SEO Checklist & Strategies
It is not unusual for an SEO professional to implement several strategies in order to drive traffic and increase search engine ranking of their websites. SEO strategies are all complicated, complex, and detail sensitive that one mistake or missed step can cause the entire scheme to collapse. It is also not unusual for even the most meticulous and experienced SEO professional to miss one vital step or commit one mistake that will alter the expected results.
Some of the most common mistakes are the following;
- URLs changed
- Disappearing content
- No follows are accidentally added to internal links
- Title tags set to homepage
- Accidental removal of the analytics tracing codes
- Adding meta robots noindex
- 301s removed
- Disappearing headers
- Disallowed robots.txt
These are just some of the common mistakes or missed steps on the SEO process. Thought each item is just part of the hundred other steps you need to do, they have a significant impact to the performance of the website. One overlooked task can cause negative effects or a major shutdown. Thus, you need to devise an SEO checklist that you can run through before deploying the strategy.
A good strategy is to conduct a test deployment. The tests can show you mistakes and weak points. This will eradicate all mistakes upon full deployment as you can fix all mistakes and work on to improve on all weak areas. You can actually use, view and review your own site. Make an honest evaluation and work on its key areas for improvement.
Pre-deployment Tests and Strategies
There are many ways to test the effectiveness of your SEO strategies before full deployment. Check out easy ways how you can ensure flawless releases and implementation of SEO strategies;
- Manual testing – A more basic way of testing is by manually going over every page and make sure that all important elements are in place.
- Use a Checklist – It would be easier and more efficient if you are working with a checklist. It is easy to prepare a checklist. Just include all SEO elements that are needed to be present in each page. You can derive your checklist from your common mistakes. On-site tests should include page titles, headers, meta descriptions, meta robots, alt text targeted, site versions, robots.txt files, accessibility and content. You should also conduct a tracking and technical tests. Technical tests should include tags, links, 301 redirects, response codes, urls and https.
- Form a QA Team – You can also employ a QA team who can review other’s work more objectively. A QA team whose task is to look for loopholes is more efficient than the developer auditing his own work.
- Use Automated Testing – Instead of using a QA team to test your strategies, you can also devise an automated testing application which you can easily apply to all your SEO projects before deployment. This can be the most efficient way to test, but you will need to invest time, money and effort in coming up with an effective testing application.
Other Posts by Vinh Huynh Long
Social Media Today