Ten PR People to Follow on Twitter
A recent post over at ProBlogger offered an excellent overview of 10 people that new Twitter users should follow. Admittedly, it consisted of the usual suspects, but then when the suspects are so good it's hard to complain.
A conversation with one of my Twitter friends Lizz Harmon raised the question of which public relations-type Twitter users would make an equally good list for people to follow. Sources of great information for both PR professionals and interns alike. So, in no particular order, here is the list of 10 PR People to Follow for anyone interested in PR.
- Beth Harte. One of the earliest adopters of Web 2.0 and social media benefits, Beth offers an excellent voice in PR and currently teaches public relations, marketing and more at Immaculata University.
- Todd Defren. The Principal of Shift Communications, Todd is also the founder of the social media press release and an influential voice in Web 2.0 public relations.
- Lisa Hoffmann. Lisa is the Chief Copywriter at PRstore and is vocal in her support of combining social media, PR and communications.
- Lizz Harmon. Far from inclusion just because of her suggestion of this list, Lizz would make any PR list on Twitter. President of HarmonTampa Public Relations and another key social media proponent.
- Dave Fleet. Dave is a Senior Consultant for Thornley Fallis Communications and has an extensive background in PR and communications. Always an interesting conversation.
- Dana Willhoit. With a background in news journalism and lead press release writer for The Press Release Site, Dana offers an invaluable view from both sides of PR.
- Joan Stewart. Otherwise known as The Publicity Hound, Joan is one of the foremost voices in PR on Twitter and an excellent source of useful Tweets and opinions.
- Brian Solis. Principal of FutureWorks PR agency and owner of the industry-respected PR 2.0 blog, Brian is one of the key voices when it comes to social media and PR.
- Sarah Evans. Director of Communications at Elgin Community College, Sarah has recently begun guest authoring at respected website Mashable.
- Jason Kintzler. Founder of PitchEngine, a social media newsroom that's fast becoming one of the go-to resources for social media press releases.
Like any list, this one is by no means exhaustive and I'm sure there are others just as worthy of a place on it. However, as a mix of PR professionals and services for anyone in PR (or interested in it), it's not a bad starting point, though I'd love to hear who you would have on your list.
Of course, if you feel like following me, please feel free to join me on Twitter.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my RSS feed or via email to ensure you can enjoy the latest post(s).
http://dannybrown.me/wp-content/plugins/add-to-any/favicon.png) no-repeat 0px 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 1px" href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/http://www.addtoany.com/share_save?sitename=danny%20BROWN&siteurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdannybrown.me%2F&linkname=Ten%20PR%20People%20to%20Follow%20on%20Twitter&linkurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdannybrown.me%2F2008%2F11%2F30%2Ften-pr-people-to-follow-on-twitter%2F" target="_blank">Share/Save
- Social Media PR ...
- Social Media, Press Releases and Where PR Fits In ...
- If Only Twitter Had an Interactive Status Bar ...
Link to original post
Other Posts by Danny Brown
Social Media Today