Social Media and Football: A Comparison of America's Favorite Pastimes
You probably didn’t notice, but the biggest sporting event of the year just took place. Ah, yes. The Super Bowl: America’s golden child of sports and commercialism. How is this famous sporting event similar to Social Media, you ask? Here’s how:
Practice Makes Perfect
- Football players don’t become superstars overnight; they hit the gym and are on the field daily to improve their skills.
- This means that in order to become a Social Media superstar, it’s imperative to make a presence online by participating in conversations, and (even better) starting your own.
Bring Your A-game
- Even the best players have an off day, but it’s always important to be prepared.
- By creating compelling content and contributing to the online world, you will be prepared with the goods necessary to increase interaction and following with others.
Competition Is Fierce
- It’s no secret that football teams closely inspect their competitors for strengths and weaknesses.
- Investigate your competition. Follow suit when you see something that’s working for them, but one-up them by improving their method in some way.
- Notice their weaknesses and areas you can capitalize on to hit their untapped potential.
Multiple Ways to Tackle an Issue
- Coaches have a database of potential plays to solve an issue, and they vary their methods to be less predictable.
- Be proactive in your Social Media plan by predicting potential disasters and have plans in place for how you’re going to address them.
Celebrate Your Successes
- From victory dances to celebratory trips to Disney World, football stars never fall short when it comes to celebrating successes.
- When your brand is successful in some way, through reaching goals or hitting a benchmark, be sure to celebrate!
Increase your sales, profits & reputation with practical social media strategies. We believe digital is only valuable when it's contributing to your growth.
Social Media Today
Social Media Marketing
Customer Service & Social Media
Social Media Today partners:
Social Login powered by: