Your Holiday Card This Year
Many of our staff, bloggers and supporters have been part of our company's commitment to The Women's Refugee Commission, an organization based in New York that provides, through research and advocacy, the catalyst to change for the better the lives of women, children and men who are displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
This holiday season, our holiday cards to many of the people who have been part of our success this year will be in the form of e-cards from The Women's Refugee Commission. We also hope that you will learn more about the work that the Women's Refugee Commission does. And when you yourself give to the Women’s Refugee Commission, you are helping us to improve the lives and protect the rights of women, children and youth displaced by conflict and crisis.
Here’s a sampling of what your gift card will be funding:
- $25 helps hire a local translator so refugee women and girls can share their safety concerns in countries like Nepal.
- $50 helps local communities deliver family planning services to women in remote areas of South Sudan.
- $100 helps provides publicity on health and safety conditions at U.S. detention centers holding migrant women and children.
- $500 helps train humanitarian workers on how best to support refugees with disabilities.
- $1,000 helps deploy an expert during a disaster to ensure that emergency responders take into account the needs of women and children.
- $5,000 helps cover costs for a fact-finding mission to document first-hand experiences of displaced adolescent girls in Ethiopia—information we use to advocate for better programs and safer conditions.
In 2007, Robin Carey founded Social Media Today, LLC, one of the first companies to manage online B2B communities that connect large organizations with people they want to influence. A veteran of the big-book print media world that included Fortune, Newsweek and BusinessWeek, she had built her reputation on architecting powerful strategies that delivered to blue-chip corporate clients and ...