Quitting LinkedIn in 6 Easy Steps
“Every time I think I’m out, they suck me back in.”
OK, perhaps it’s a stretch to quote The Godfather, but beyond the claim of millions of LinkedIn members is a dark underbelly, if you will – thousands who wish to close their accounts but just can’t get an answer from customer service as to how.
Herewith, the simple 6-step process:
- Sign in to your account.
- Find your name (upper right corner of your screen), then hover your mouse over your name and click on Settings.
- Your account page appears. Click "account" at the lower left side of the page.
- Under ''helpful links" (on the same page, to the right) click on "close your account."
- A new page titled "close account reason" appears. Select your reason and click on "continue."
- You must verify the account you wish to close.
And this should do it!
By the way, you simply cannot call customer service. But you can write. If you have a paid membership, you'll get a faster answer; it’s a perk. If you are one of thousands with a free account, you may wait a while for a response.
However, to email LinkedIn customer service, the correct email address is: email@example.com
At Ipri Philadelphia, we provide LinkedIn profile makeovers, company page building, marketing & community management programs & master-class LinkedIn professional development for small-to-medium B2B sales, marketing & operational teams.
Regularly cited as a LinkedIn™ Top Influencer, I am the author of LinkedIn™ For The Clueless, Social Media For The Clueless, How to Use LinkedIn to Sell ...