5 Quick Ways To Get Traffic Through Social Media
If you have any kind of a website and aren’t using social media to attract traffic, you are missing out on a great opportunity. Social media is among the most popular technologies in the world, is free to use, and has a quick learning curve for any user. With a good plan as to how you will integrate social media into your marketing plan, you can pick up quick traffic after just a few days.
Consider the following five tips for driving some visitors through social media to your site.
1. Jump on Twitter trends. The trending topics on Twitter are listed on the left of the screen, and change frequently. Keep an eye on the trends and try to tie them into what you site is about. If you use a hash tag to join in the trending conversation, even those that don’t follow you will be able to see your tweet. If they like what you have to say, they may follow you and even visit your website.
2. Run a ‘Like’ Contest. People love free stuff, so offer up a contest on Facebook for anyone who ‘Likes’ your page. As people click on ‘Like’ and share you page, you could quickly wind up with quite a following, and a good bit of traffic to boot. For the small cost of giving away a product or service, you can get a good amount of attention for your website.
3. Make Direct Contact on Twitter. People love to interact with the owners of businesses or website, so reach out to those that you think might enjoy your site. Don’t make it too sales oriented, just be yourself and try to show some personality. If they enjoy what you have to say, a visit to your site couldn’t be far behind.
4. Have a Picture Contest on Instagram. Offer up a prize for the best picture posted to Instagram that relates to your website in some way. This will give people a chance to show off their creativity, communicate with you directly, and build their awareness of your brand. Again, make sure to give away something of value so you get enough interest in the contest.
5. Post a Personal Video on YouTube. Rather than remaining faceless behind your keyboard, shoot a video of yourself discussing something about your website and post it to YouTube. This will bring your site to life and give people a face and voice to attach to your site. The effect of the personal touch on the interest people have in a website cannot be overstated.
Using social media to get some quick traffic doesn’t have to be hard or time-consuming. Be creative and have fun with the process. When thinking about promotions or giveaways to run on social media sites, put yourself in the shoes of the consumer. What would make you want to interact? What kinds of prizes would get you excited. Think it though, offer something of value, and watch the hits start to add up.
Bill Ecksel is a graduate of the University of Michigan and has been a journalist for over 10 years. He has written for numerous local and regional publications and is the Chief Editor for Industry News Corp. He has written on many topics over the course of his career but is currently focusing on helping individuals by supplying them with information from those who have experienced it. In ...