Consider These Metrics to Measure the Social Web
Besides the well-known metrics, old and new that exist for social networks, why not use the following measurements to better define your activity?
- Related comments: who’s talking about your brand beyond your own community?
- Actions: actions you’ve carried out. How many, how well did they fare, how long did they last, what were their results and their qualitative and quantitative impact.
- Statistics of the impact of your content in real time: what happened before, while and after you uploaded content at an event, meeting, presentation, gig, etc. What has changed and how?
- Percentage growth increase: compare natural growth in other years and estimate how much you should be growing this term, comparing whether you’re above, below or at the same level as your natural growth.
- Compare yourself with your competition: use tools like hyperalerts to do this job. Measure engagement, reach, popularity and rank in Alexa and Google.
- Conversions: using URL builder and Analytics you can know how many people visit your website from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Youtube and go where you want them to go.
- Reach, feeling, passion: use social mention to understand the qualitative state of your brand in social media.
- Social assistance: how many interactions do you carry out with your community every day? What happens in these interactions, both positive and negative? How many are related to questions regarding your services and products? How many are related to direct or indirect sales? How many lead to future purchase? Which are the most frequent questions or doubts? What are the complaints about exactly? Then, do something with all this information.
- Other tasks you have carried out: measure what else you’ve done besides the above. Work with other departments, collaborations in other campaigns, mediation with clients and suppliers. The fact that these tasks are less flashy or not directly related with your job doesn’t mean they don’t count!
We can always search for something simple instead of something complicated.
What other metrics would you consider in this list?
(Considering other web metrics / shutterstock)
Marketer, digital transformation and new media advisor, speaker, blogger, educator and an agent of change.
Social Media Today's Best thinker member. Isra is the creator and author of the paradigm that has revolutionised the social media: Human Media and also founder of Stand OUT Program, Engage Worldwide and Principal at IG.
His blog on Social Media, Marketing, disruption, lifestyle, new ...
Other Posts by Isra Garcia
Social Media Today