Hidden Value of Long Tail SEO [INFOGRAPHIC]
Is long tail SEO, really SEO?? Many experts are still divided over it.
The way I see it, you cannot ignore the power of long tail SEO. Your content strategy needs to have a focus on the future too and that is where targeting the right set of keywords for long tail SEO will help.
Few months back, Eric Enge explained the Long Tail Content for SEO quite nicely and showed us the difference between the old school of thought and the current process. A key message he shared is ‘create user centric content’.
Exploring the topic further, I came across this nice infographic that shares with us the hidden values of long tail SEO. You might want to ask, what spurred me to think about this topic? Well again, it was one blog post, this one by Neil Patel sharing the importance of long tail SEO in increasing sales.
1. Long tail keywords bring about 70% of the traffic
2. Ranking potential of Long tail keywords is higher
3. Pages optimized for long tail keyword moves about 11 places higher than the ones optimized using head keywords
4. CTR increases for specific keywords
5. Add variety of content with long tail keyword
6. Be consistent in sharing content, use editorial calendar
7. Ensure content is shared across multiple social channels
Value of Long Tail SEO
1. Share your views about Long Tail SEO, are they really important?
2. Are they good source of traffic?
Malhar Barai is a Co-Founder of Buzzing Digital, Author, Speaker, Blogger and Social Media Consultant. Including his own blog, Malhar writes for few other websites and is open for guest blogging opportunities. Follow or subscribe to his blog at Malhar Barai Social Media Insights
Other Posts by Malhar Barai
Social Media Today