Ways to Create Vanity URLs for LinkedIn Company Pages
A frequently asked question is:
How can I create a vanity URL for my LinkedIn Company page?
Here some options:
- If your company name is a single word, delete everything behind "company/" in the default URL and add your company name.
- My LinkedIn company page default URL is: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2742720?trk=prof-0-ovw-curr_pos
- I get a vanity URL if I simply add "MarketingXLerator" directly after "company/": https://www.linkedin.com/company/MarketingXLerator
NOTE: this is not a permanent URL change but a memorable vanity URL you can promote to bring people to your page. 2. It's more tricky for companies with multi-word names.
- If your company name consists of multiple words, it probably won't work to put your company name behind the "company/" part of the URL.
- BUT, it seems to have worked for some people, so try putting your company name with hyphens behind "company/" and see if it works.
- If it doesn't work (like for the majority of people) you can cut off the default URL after the question mark "?" and add your company name with hyphens between each word. Not super elegant, I know.
- Default LI company page URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/3553340?trk=prof-vol_exp-org_name
- Modified URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/3553340?BRITE-Scholarship-Program
3. A number of people in LinkedIn forums reported that they successfully contacted LinkedIn directly to have their URLs changed permanently:
- To try this option, submit a request here: http://help.linkedin.com/app/ask
- Choose the menu option "Contact Us" and complete the form.
I just submitted my request and am waiting to hear back. Ask and you shall receive? 4. Last, there seems to be a work around that requires you to create a LinkedIn Company Page from scratch: Deepak Singh Sharma writes:
- "There is one work around to this, you can signup for a new company page and ensure not to use spaces or special characters in the company. That will give you: linkedin.com/company/somecompanyinc and later you can edit the name to Some Company, Inc."
A number of people have reported that they did this successfully.
Natascha Thomson is the owner & founder of MarketingXLerator - a B2B Social Media Marketing Consultancy – with a focus on using social media to connect people for business impact. She is also a co-author of the book 42 Rules for B2B Social Media Marketing.
Other Posts by Natascha Thomson
Social Media Today