Social Media Statistics That Affect Your Marketing Plan [INFOGRAPHIC]
Every year, the social media landscape shifts and its up to forward-thinking companies to anticipate this change and stay on top of things.
Creative social marketing is still creative marketing, but creative social marketing that’s supported by the right platform at the right time can be truly effective.
Brian Honigman comprised a list of 100 Fascinating Social Media Statistics and Figures From 2012 for The Huffington Post that can help you get a better grasp on where trends for the top social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ are headed. Here’s three highlights from each, and a handy infographic from iStrategyLabs for easy browsing of the 2012 social media statistics:
- 77 percent of B2C companies and 43 percent of B2B companies acquired customers from Facebook.
- 80 percent of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook.
- 25 percent of users on Facebook don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
- 56 percent of customer tweets to companies are being ignored.
- 34 percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
- Twitter is projected to make a total of $540 million in advertising revenue by 2014.
- Users on Instagram spend 257 minutes using the app, as opposed to the 169.9 minutes spent on Twitter in August 2012.
- 40 percent of brands have adopted Instagram for marketing.
- Of the top brands, 20 percent surveyed had 10,000 or more followers.
- Over 80 percent of pins are repins.
- Pinterest referrals spend 70 percent more money than visitors referred from non-social channels.
- Out of 17 million brand engagements, 15 percent occurred on the brand’s boards and 85 percent occurred elsewhere on Pinterest.
- Google+ pages appear in search results for 30 percent of brand term searches for brands with G+ pages, up from 5 percent in February 2012.
- Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button.
- Only 8 percent of Americans 12+ have a Google+ profile page.
An award-winning marketing and communications specialist for full-service social media monitoring and engagement company Spiral16, Eric is also communications chair for Engineers Without Borders - Sunflower State Professionals, and is the 2013 Air Guitar World Champion.
Spiral16 provides valuable business intelligence and real-time engagement solutions to give companies a competitive edge. ...
Other Posts by Eric Melin
Social Media Today