Quitting LinkedIn in 6 Easy Steps
“Every time I think I’m out, they suck me back in.”
OK, perhaps it’s a stretch to quote The Godfather, but beyond the claim of millions of LinkedIn members is a dark underbelly, if you will – thousands who wish to close their accounts but just can’t get an answer from customer service as to how.
Herewith, the simple 6-step process:
- Sign in to your account.
- Find your name (upper right corner of your screen), then hover your mouse over your name and click on Settings.
- Your account page appears. Click "account" at the lower left side of the page.
- Under ''helpful links" (on the same page, to the right) click on "close your account."
- A new page titled "close account reason" appears. Select your reason and click on "continue."
- You must verify the account you wish to close.
And this should do it!
By the way, you simply cannot call customer service. But you can write. If you have a paid membership, you'll get a faster answer; it’s a perk. If you are one of thousands with a free account, you may wait a while for a response.
However, to email LinkedIn customer service, the correct email address is: email@example.com
Victoria Ipri speaks fluent LinkedIn™! If your sales, marketing or management teams, business organization or professional association wants to Learn LinkedIn, or you wish to provide LinkedIn seminars to your business community, please connect with Victoria on LinkedIn: www.LinkedIn.com/in/VictoriaIpri or call 610-908-5250.
Other Posts by Victoria Ipri
Social Media Today