How Markets Should Approach Facebook's New Feed Design
Yesterday, Facebook rolled out the new layout and design for News Feeds. Maybe it has already shown up on your feed. If it hasn’t, it’s coming.
The main objective of this new Feed layout is to be visually driven. The root of this revamp goes back to the Facebook Search Graph. The new search feature enables results based on photos, people, places and interests. Soon it will start to affect posts and how you see what your network writes and shares as well.
With the new layout you will be able to sort your feeds into:
- All posts from friends only
- All posts from pages only
- And all posts from people they’ve subscribed to.
These changes will affect both desktop and mobile viewership. The new format is not going to affect Facebook Search Graph’s algorithm.
As a Facebook marketer you need to keep in mind that you should:
- Be consistent. No matter what the changes are the content will always remain important.
- Be more visual. Your posts needs to be more image oriented. This also means that even if you have text, make it into a JPEG and upload as a visual.
- 'Following' will become more important. This feature has been on Facebook for a long time. However, the good part is that the 'sorting' can be done by way of posts from people you have subscribed to.
- The cover photo that you use on your page will be displayed with more space in other people’s feeds.
Social Media Today