Use Video Marketing for Sales and ROI Boost
Let’s talk sales and how video marketing can work for your brand or organization.
Why Video Marketing Works
I consult with companies regarding their Marketing and Sales efforts on a weekly basis. During many of these conversations, I might refer to one of our internal processes or our graphic designer. What happens next catches me off guard: the prospect often shouts out their name! Keep in mind, these are people who have never met our group or talked to them before. However, they’ve watched our videos. By doing so, the prospect feels like they know our team.
Imagine being able to talk to a prospect who already has a connection with your company; that changes the dynamics of the conversation. Anyone in sales knows that people buy from people they know and trust. Videos have the ability to connect with prospects in a way you can’t do through text, e-mail, or even a phone call. This is especially significant because in sales, you’re selling yourself - the product comes after you’ve established a connection.
Different Types of Video Marketing
Let’s take a deeper dive into the different types of video marketing:
- Promotional: Showcases your products and services
- Testimonial: Highlights your talents by showing clients raving about work you’ve done
- Thought Leadership: Presents new or useful information relevant to your industry
- How-To: Informs prospects on how they can use your product or service
- Product Information: Explains new features, benefits, solutions, troubleshooting
- Entertainment: Shows your brand’s human side; leverage viral videos, contests
There are many more examples of how to use videos in your marketing campaigns. Larger corporations may elect to use videos as internal information pieces to help sales or customer service representatives.
How Video Marketing Impacts Sales
Higher Conversion Rates with Videos
- According to Retail Touchpoints, the Step2 Company found that shoppers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. (Retail Touchpoints Channel Innovation Awards, 2012)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
- Ice.com found that viewers who chose to view video converted at a 400% increase over those who did not. Ice.com also credits video with decreasing returns by 25%. (Internet Retailer, December 2009)
Reduced Bounce Rate
The longer a prospect is active on your site, the better he can provide more in-depth analytics for the sales team.
- More than three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase, and 37% will watch three for more than three minutes. (MarketingCharts.com, 2012)
Higher SERP Results Increases Traffic that Leads to Sales
- Video results appear in about 70% of the top 100 listings, the type of content most often displayed in universal or blended search results. (Marketingweek, 2011)
Increases Sales Volume
- Retail sites with video increase conversion by 30% and boost average ticket by 13%. (L2 Specialty Retail Report, September 2010)
Establish Credibility and Trust before Talking to Your Prospect
- 57 % of purchase decisions are made prior to ever talking to a sales rep. (Executiveboard, 2011)
Why You Need Video
Videos are increasingly becoming more relevant or even critical to your sales and marketing efforts. Mobile users are watching videos on the go; decision makers are doing more research prior to contacting the sales department; content marketing continues to grow. These are all compelling arguments to get started with video marketing for your brand.
You don’t need fancy equipment to produce a video. Start with a strategy that is valuable to your audience and execute. Through trial and error you will gain more expertise and knowledge to refine your strategy.
Roll the cameras and start leveraging video marketing today.
Other Posts by Sean Royer
Social Media Today