How to Optimize Your Facebook Fan Page to Get More Traffic
Social Media Platforms are the place to keep ongoing social communications as well as these are the potential sources of website and business branding. One of the biggest social media sensations is Facebook which has started his journey from February, 2004. Either you are an internet marketer or a webmaster; do you know Facebook fan pages could drive more and more traffic to your website? You may have heard that one is getting hundreds and thousands of visitors from a fan page to their website. You may ask yourself how they do it. Even, one of my friends asked me if it is possible or not. But on that moment, I didn’t know how they drive so much traffic like that. But after a deep research, I came to share some effective Facebook Fan Page optimization tips that will certainly lead you a high number of traffic daily. No problem how many visitors you got in the past, but optimizing your Facebook with these strategies will surely make changes in your traffic stats.
Top 8 Strategies that You Should Apply On Your Facebook Fan Page:
- Design Informative Cover and Profile Photo: A Fan Page will look outstanding only when you will use a high quality and informative cover photo and a profile photo. The cover photo is an 851px wide and 315px height image area what you have to design depending on your page niche. You have to use this pixel resolution to fit the area perfectly. As it is for your website, you should include your website title and tagline on the cover with some attractive graphics. Your website URL should also be included there which will encourage the visitors to check your website first. And the profile picture would be your logo but don’t forget to resize it into a square image. Facebook profile photo area is optimized to show square size images. And the minimum size of profile photo should be 180px width and 180px height. If you didn’t learn yet how to design, you may contact with a designer.
- Make an Arrow From The Cover to The Like Button: An arrow from the cover to the like button will encourage the visitors most to like your page. Likes mean vote. So, usually the fans who liked your page will get all updates from your page to their wall. So, it would be helpful for the fan page increasing likes and also increasing the amount of targeted visitors.
- Make a Redirection of an I-Frame Tab to Your Website: You should build up a tab just along with the photos and like count tab where the visitors could click on it and enjoy your website live. Redirection tab will redirect visitors to your website or an I-frame tab will show your website in an I-frame box. The good news is that you can create it easily using Facebook static html page app Static IFrame Tab or Woobox.
- Include Your Website URL on The Fan Page Short Description: You should include your website URL in the short page description. Because the link on description will be clickable and it would be easy for the visitors to go to your website with just one click. The short description will also be shown on the root page. So, you will get better chances to have clicked on it.
- SEO the Fan Page: It is just like the same SEO process as it is for a website. The title of the page will be used as the Meta title and the short description will be used as the Meta description. So, you have to do deep keyword research, choose suitable key phrase and put it in the title and description. Now get some backlinks to your fan page to rank it on the search engines.
- Regularly Update Your Website News and Offers: As the main purpose of the fan page is promoting your website, regularly update your website news and offers into the page. That doesn’t mean spamming the page all over with links. You have to share relative things with a brief description along with the link in the status updates. If someone likes the status, he could share it and you will get more explores to your status. That’s mean you will get more visitors.
- Promote Your Fan Page: Start promoting your page through Facebook groups, pages, own websites, forums, advertising etc. But always keep in mind that spamming should be prevented. Because most of the people don’t like spam. Even, for spamming your page could be blocked by yourself. Facebook is now removing spam from their website. They have the full rights to completely delete or block your page. That’s why you should aware of spam otherwise your journey could be finished at the beginning.
- Get Genuine Fans: The last and important point is getting unique likes. It doesn’t mean to have 10K or 20K likes in a single day using bots. I think, 100 real likes are 100% better than 10K fake likes. Likes from bots won’t help you in branding website or getting visitors. It is sure that you will get zero traffic from bots like. So be conscious to get likes. I advise you not to buy likes from those providers who provide 1K or 2K likes in 3-5$. If you really want to buy, you should choose someone that will guaranty you 100% real fans whatever he cost. Getting fans will never end up and it won’t have any limit. The more you lead likes, the more you get visitors.
Analyze How Traffic Increase from the Referrer Facebook:
After implementing all tactics, now analyze how visitors increase from Facebook. Check for your website stats and you will see the changes. But never expect to have 100 visitors daily only having 100 genuine likes on your page. That is unspecific but the more fans will drive you more traffic.
Abrar Mohi Shafee is a professional tech blogger from Tips and Tricks Blog. You can find him on Google+. He is most proficient in writing how to guides mainly on computer, internet and blogging. Even he is nearly devoted to guest blogging. As he is particularly interested in social networking, he would like to share social media tips through the community blogs.
Other Posts by Abrar Mohi Shafee
Social Media Today