4 Things to Try with the New Pinterest Analytics [VIDEO]
In the app developer world we're all still waiting for an announcement about an open Pinterest API. While yesterday's news was no such luck, it was still good news for marketers who can now enjoy Pinterests new analytics.
Sure, they're a little late to the game, but hey, they're Pinterest--they can be. It's not as if we've been completely blind until now, however. Marketers have long been using 3rd party tools like PinReach and PinPuff to measure Pinterest activity. And even Google Reader can used to monitor your activity when you import Pinterest as the "source" page for your site, and have Google start accumulating data.
But the OEM solution is homegrown and requires no 3rd party involvement and Pinterest is banking that's enough reason for masses of people to begin using it. You must have a verified website to benefit from the new analytics, but in return, you’ll get information about how many people have pinned from your site, how many people have seen these pins, and how many people visited your site from Pinterest.
Straight from the source instructions on getting started:
- Get early access to Pinterest’s new look.
- Make sure you have a verified website. If you have a website listed on your profile with a check mark next to it, you’re verified. If not, follow these steps to verify.
- Once your website is verified, go to the top right menu and click on Analytics.
- Start exploring! Change your date range to see how things have changed over time or download your analytics to sort through the data on your own time.
And below is a video summary of Pinterest's new features (complements of Grovo):
Here are four things to you can try out once you're in:
- Track the number of times your site or something on it has been pinned
- Track the number of repins each pin from your site receives
- Track total impressions, reach, referral traffic, unique visitors and traffic sent to a site
- Analyze and report, on a high level, what is valuable to your brand on Pinterest