5 Tweet Styles to Embrace
Does your brand Tweet? We're approaching the latter part of 2013, so I'm hoping so. If you answered "no" to this question, please contact me. Perhaps it's just that you don't have time or don't know where to get started. Don't worry, I can help and I'm sure this post will help as well.
Now, for the rest of you, whether you've been Tweeting for years, months, weeks, days or even just hours, you need a Twitter style and strategy. What your brand is all about, and who your audience is, will determine which style works best for you.
And, most likely, it's a combination of these five styles below that will resonate most with your audience. Remember, expressing yourself in 140 characters is an art.
5 Types Of Tweet Styles
Humor goes a long way in the social media world. And it makes sense. Everyone likes to laugh. There are two ways to go about this. You can either be humorous in your response to someone, like Taco Bell has done here.
@OldSpice Is your deodorant made with really old spices?
— Taco Bell (@TacoBell) July 9, 2012
You could also incorporate humor into your initial Tweet, like Charmin has done.
An educational approach might be better suited for your brand. If you have a lot of knowledge, you should share it. People want to make informed choices. You have the opportunity to help your current customers and potential customers do that. Whole Foods does a nice job educating while engaging.
Let's be honest, a major goal for most brands is to increase sales. Twitter is a great tool for promoting yourself, but beware!—if you do it too much, you risk a lot! I'd say 80/20 is a good rule of thumb. Promote yourself 20% of the time. The rest of the time, the leftover 80%, add to the conversation.
Brands that respond to others are always going to be the most engaging. Fans like to be heard and when you respond, they're more likely to keep mentioning your brand. Word of mouth Finger marketing at its best. Being conversational is being social. Barry's Bootcamp does a great job in this category. As you can see, they respond by Retweeting, which allows everyone to see the original Tweet and see that you're an active brand. Double Win! PS - I go to Barry's and it's amazing. You should try it sometime.
— Barry's Bootcamp (@BarrysBootcamp) August 20, 2013
You don't want to be overly opinionated here, but if you're a non-profit or are associated with a cause, this strategy might work well for you. You could also align yourself with certain people and Influencers here. But keep in mind that no one likes an overly opinionated person and that goes for a brand too.
Which style do you think will work best for your brand?
If you'd like to get started with Twitter but don't know how, we have many different packages that will fit your needs. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Frasco is a leading social media marketing consultant. Over the past 7 years, she has worked closely with clients from all over the world to help each of them get more results from online social networks. Through experience, Stephanie has mastered some of the most powerful social media websites. Today, Stephanie provides exclusive social media consulting services to a handful of ...
Other Posts by Stephanie Frasco
Social Media Today