LaVern Sula, LaVern Sula USA
— Bio —
Born inBelize, Central America, LaVern Sula immigrated to New York City, the US, when she was just 7. She spent six years at the Carmen Shepard School of Music to learn classical piano. In 1982, she won an award for computer programming. In 1983, LaVern Sula enrolled at the New York Institute of technology to study Mechanical Engineering. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in 1988.
LaVern Sula married Dan in 1992. They live in Beverly Hills, Michigan. Their family includes LaVern’s mother and two dogs. LaVern Sula loves sporting golf and experimenting with new technologies in her free time.
LaVern Sula started her professional journey with General Motors as a quality control engineer and supervisor after completing her education in 1988. Because of her positive approach and ability to take comprehensive decisions, even in tough situations, she has obtained promotions after promotions. She is especially known for using her engineering expertise and business skills together to deliver bottom line results.
In 1996, LaVern Sula established a graphic and web design company named L. Publishing & Graphics. The company developed over 40 outstanding web sites and provided 200 companies their identities as well as all the material supporting their identities. In 2002, she shut down the company as she wanted to put all her energies on her career at General Motors.
Main Highlights of Professional Life:
- Development and execution of global in-vehicle cyber security strategy
- Transforming chaotic situations into win/win solutions
- Leading large multi-cultural organizations in Bangalore, India
- Constructing over 75,000 sq. ft. vehicle and design laboratories in a foreign country
- Setting up a corporate foundation to support India Corporate Social Responsibility
- Attracting and retaining talented employees
- Mentor to over 30 engineers across age ranges and pay grades
- Representing company position on cyber security issues to US Government
- Transforming engineering center activities in India, Canada and Detroit
- Developed and implementation of a transactional website to manage all Variation Analysis work from job initialization to publication
- Transformation of Gunjur School K-12 in Bangalore, India as part of Corporate Social Responsibility